The primary function of a CNC Programmer II / Machinist II is to develop original computer numerical control (CNC) programs, to setup and operate turning and milling machines that produce complex precision parts. The CNC Programmer II / Machinist II must be able to understand and use 3D models and step files to determine the most efficient steps and tooling to produce the part. This position must also maintain CNC machines with tooling capable of producing quality parts with complex drawing requirements, proper dimensions within pre-specified tolerance levels.
The CNC Programmer II / Machinist II is also responsible for instructing others in using and developing programs, verifying accuracy of machine settings, detecting malfunctions and out-of-tolerance machining and for working with Engineering to develop and interpret complex drawings and models. This position is also responsible for using measuring instruments and equipment to produce quality parts in an efficient and safe manner without significant scrap or rework. This position is expected to work with limited supervision and instruction while providing instruction and guidance to others with respect to equipment, drawings and programs.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- 10 plus years of programming, CNC milling and turning and manual machinist experience
- Knowledge and ability to develop, interpret and make corrections to CNC programs; Certificate a plus
- Extensive knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and standard operating procedures
- Knowledge and skill in reading, understanding and interpreting complex drawings and specifications
- Math, programming and other technical skills sufficient to understand complex shop drawings and models
- Problem-solving skills and analytical skills sufficient to prevent and resolve equipment issues and errors.
- Attention to detail with demonstrable mechanical and technical aptitude; Engineering coursework a plus
- Able to enter SFE labor and job-related transactions
- Able to ensure safety of self and others through proper use of equipment and machinery
- Work well with others in a hands-on, team-based work environment
MEASURE OF PERFORMANCE:
- Volume and Quality of work with minimal scrap, rework and waste
- Safety and maintenance
- Employee efficiency
TO APPLY: Email your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org