Maintenance Technician I
The primary function of a Maintenance Technician I is to perform general maintenance services and repairs in the areas of machine, equipment and vehicle maintenance while also providing plumbing, carpentry and electrical services. This position is responsible for ensuring that all equipment, machines and facilities are well maintained, safe and may be efficiently setup and operated to produce quality product. Maintenance Technician I is responsible for overseeing safe and cost-effective installation, maintenance, repair or replacement of the Company’s property and structures and plant equipment including machines and mechanical systems to ensure safety for all employees.
This position is responsible for developing periodic maintenance programs for each asset, overseeing equipment and machine repairs and other service providers doing work within the building. This position is also responsible for providing logistics, pick-up and delivery to vendors and outside service providers. Maintenance Technician I is expected to work with limited supervision while developing recommendations and guidance for others.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- 3 – 5 years of equipment and facility maintenance experience
- Knowledge of commonly used equipment and machinery-related maintenance concepts and best practices
- Knowledge and experience with periodic maintenance and machinery operating procedures
- Clean driving record and experience providing pick-up and delivery to outside vendors and service providers
- Certifications with regard to Safety and Fork-lifts
- Sufficient technical skills to understand maintenance and use specifications, procedures and instructions
- Problem-solving skills and analytical skills sufficient to identify equipment and machinery issues
- Attention to detail with demonstrable mechanical and technical aptitude
- Able to enter SFE labor and job-related transactions
- Able to ensure safety of self and others thru proper use and maintenance of equipment, machinery and facilities
- Work well with others in a hands-on, team-based work environment
Send cover letter, resume and references to DValloreo@farmermold.com