The Farmer Terminal Post Bonder provides reliable operation while ensuring consistent depth of fusion on each terminal post.
Based on resistance welding principals, the Farmer Post Bonder provides a process where the electrode (probe) generates the necessary heat to melt the lead of both the bushing and terminal post. This principal, combined with a controlled downward movement of the electrode, ensures a consistent bonding depth with each battery.
- Modular frame design with self-contained hydraulic and cooling systems
- Touch screen operator interface to allow input and retrieval of PLC data
Features & Benefits:
- PLC controls for production of up to 4 batteries per minute
- Long-life belted conveyor system for low maintenance
- Bonding depth controlled by position feed back to the PLC
- Low operating cost
- Consistent finished post height
- Fast change over/under 10 minutes
- Easy-to-use operator interface for data input and retrieval
- Button burn applications accommodated with minor tooling changes
- Available in multiple configurations to suit individual customer needs