Traditionally, the automatic container punch provides an accurate means of preparing the container to receive cast groups for welding through the partition. The Farmer Punch provides additional advantages, however.
Our machine processes containers more rapidly and offers the ability to feed cases into the production line from the container punch. It also locates the punched holes from the bottom of the container in the same fashion as a welder locates the punched holes during the welding process. This faster and more efficient way of obtaining proper hole location results in fewer problems at the welding stage of production.
- Accuracy in vertical hole location is +/-.002″
- Height adjustments are obtained rapidly using fixed stops (U.S. Patent 5,662,021)
Other Features & Benefits:
- Punching speeds of 10+ batteries per minute
- Hydraulic operated self-contained punch heads
- Standard machine will punch BCI group sizes U1 through group 31
- Commercial head available for 3×2 construction
- Rapid changeover
- Each container is positioned in the same relationship to the punch heads.
- Long-life punch and die – Fully adjustable punch heads in X,Y and Z plains
- Punched slugs automatically collected for recycling